Search this site »
Live plants or indoor foliage have endless benefits on the people in their near environment. Companies are starting to think green and live green by realizing that live plants and indoor foliage also brings a return on investment directly related to employees’ wellbeing and thus improved work efficiencies.
The Human-Centered Quotient
A 2007 study by The Center for Health Design examined the role nature plays in the healthcare environment. Citing research by Ulrich, it states the use of plants and flowers and natural elements reduces stress, supports pain management and promotes an overall sense of well-being.
• Workers in plant-friendly environments miss fewer days of work and experience less job stress.
• Plants help reduce the level of many common indoor air-borne impurities or volatile organic compounds (VOCs). These toxins are a common cause of sick building syndrome.
• Plants enhance creative problem-solving skills among men and women.
• When interior plants are present, employees are more satisfied with their jobs and reported fewer ailments.
• Plants help reduces noise levels, decrease temperature and lower humidity.
• A view of interior house plants increases positive feelings and reduces stress, fear and anger.
The Bottom Line
• The organization Partners for Livable Places found plants and flowers are the fastest, most cost-effective agents for changing negative perceptions of an area and improving psychosocial health.
• Based on averages from the US Census Bureau and facility/ building raw data, flowers and plants offer $14.51 return on investment per 100 square foot each month. Plants deliver a profit!
What Professionals are Saying
“As green buildings become more and more main stream, live plants are essential in keeping true-to-the-nature of the green concept.”
“Adding flowers and plants to an interior setting is a natural way to provide a relaxed setting for our hotel guests while creating a healthy environment.”
“Interior plants are a solid return on investment and a MUST for any corporation concerned with sustainable ‘green building’ solutions.”
“Nature and living things, it seems, make most people feel good. The idea that the quality of nature in peoples’ home neighborhood affects their mental health is not a new one, but it has not affected either the planning of our urban and rural environments or public health priorities.” Pretty, Peacock, Sellens and Griffin 2005
This article was published by the FNGLA, Florida Nursery, Growers and Landscape Association. FNGLA is pleased to make available to the industry the Think Green, Live Green interior and consumer brochure focused on incorporating live plants into interior spaces. FNGLA has partnered with Green Plants for Green Buildings, the National Foliage Foundation and UF’s Solutions for Your Life in a collaborative effort to unite forces and send a consistent message touting the air purification qualities of many interior foliage plants. Addressing issues such as why plants and which plants, the center spread includes the always popular graphs showing specific plants NASA tested and found to be the top plants for removing a variety of toxins such as benzene-based, formaldehyde-based and trichloroethylene-based toxins.
Southern Botanical provides high quality indoor and outdoor landscape and irrigation installation and maintenance services in the DFW area. We are the one vendor for your complete interior and exterior horticultural décor.
bamboo plant house plant indoor indoor air quality indoor plant landscape plant plant plant care tropical plant
Click here to rate this company
Southern Botanical, Inc. maintains an RSS 2.0 Feed. Click the icon to subscribe to this feed.
Optimized by Lead Maverick |
Add Your Content |